The Wibberlys plan on making their annual trek to Carter Mountain Orchard for some apple picking on Saturday, October 11th (weather permitting). We would love to bring a CPC caravan with us once again. The plan right now is to meet at the Wibberlys' home (1804 Idlebrook Court) at 11:00 AM and to carpool from there. Wear comfy walking shoes and bring a picnic lunch (or some money to buy a lunch). We will try to take as few vehicles as possible, so if you have a roomier vehicle, it would be great if you could plan on driving! We hope to return back to the Wibberly’s some time around 4:00 PM (give or take 30 minutes).
If you are interested in joining us, please let us know via email (email@example.com) or text/phone (277-9422) so we can get an approximate head count (preferably at least a few days in advance).
Some details you may want to know:
• Carter Mountain Orchard (http://www.cartermountainorchard.com/) is about 50 minutes west of the Wibberly’s home. Directions are on their website in case you would prefer to meet us there.
• There is no admission fee…basically you pay for what you pick and buy. For apples, you may pay using cash, checks or credit cards (Visa and MasterCard).
• They do sell some food and snacks (incredible apple cider donuts, ice cream, pies, cookies, etc…) and other items like pumpkins. I think it is cash only for their snacks/bakery items so you may want to have some cash on you.
• Pets are welcome, but they must be on a leash.
• This will be peak apple season, so be prepared for large crowds and long lines...it's part of the experience.