Dear Christ Pres Family,
We are heading into our third year of partnership with the youth and youth leadership of St. Giles Church and have a likely 18 students who will be joining us each week (6th-12th grade). Hopefully, many more teenagers will join us throughout the year for our weekly times of fellowship, study, and fun. For your family's planning and for the Church's prayers, here are some of the major fall events we have planned:
- Saturday, September 10th: Youth Group Kick-Off Party at the Wibberly's House (more details to come)
- Sunday, September 11th: First Donuts & Discussion of 2016-2017; we will meet in the CPC Youth Room around 9:15 every Sunday.
- Sunday, September 18th: First Youth Group of 2016-2017 (that's right, we're back on Sunday nights!) in the St. Giles' Youth Room from 5pm-7pm.
- Saturday, October 22nd: All youth are invited to attend and to help out at the CPC Fall Festival.
- There will also be a youth retreat (tentatively Nov. 11-13th), a Christmas party in December, and a continuation of our one-to-one youth mentorship program!
As you can see, we are excited about providing opportunities for the students among us to learn more about following Jesus in their daily lives and to have opportunities for fellowship with other Christian kids. If you have any questions about Youth Group this year, please email Libby at email@example.com or reach out to Leo or Kathy Wibberly.
Additionally, we will need childcare coverage on Sunday mornings from 9:15-10:30 for approximately 6 pre-school-4th grade children whose parents are either leading or attending Sunday School classes. If you think you could watch this group on the playground (weather permitting), please let me know ASAP. We need your help!
Peace in Christ,
Libby (on behalf of the Greene Team and Team Wibberly)